Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Keep It Fresh!


Well after an amazing weekend at IHOP in Kansas City I’ve definitely found some old things revealed in my heart again. Probably the most important of that being that your personal relationship with Christ should be the number one priority in your life. Everything else will come out of this one central truth. For so long I had all this backwards, and it’s very easy to do this. I realized that in my personal life I had put way to much focus on the work of Christ and not the person of Christ. I found myself getting lost in all that I was “doing” for Christ, and somewhere in the middle of all that I lost what should’ve been my driving factor. It’s time to go back to my first love.
While driving up here the other day I remember telling God specifically that I cared nothing about doing anything else in ministry without feeling Him in the midst of it and that I wanted to find that place of pure worship once again. I remember years ago when I first experience the fullness of God I would be lost in worship and His presence for hours without realizing it. This weekend I found that place again, the overwhelming place of the presence of God where all things are possible and nothing can hold you back. I thought it was long gone or that I was flakey when I found it before…I was so wrong, haha. It one moment the fullness of joy and everything I had been missing came rushing back into my life, I don’t know how to begin to put into words. That being said the number one thing to keep in mind is that experiences are great, but eventually the feeling wears off. You have to take that experience and put it into everyday action to create something real and lasting. Sunday to Sunday will not cut it anymore, keep the fire alive and the relationship real and watch God work.
Just remember between every promise and every manifestation there is a place called the fight of faith where you have to stand and keep believing even after the emotion of the thrill of the promise has left you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

IHOP is awesome! I have a friend there working with the Boiler Room. The awakening is just blowing me away! Keep up the awesome words!

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Here I will share what's bouncing around in my mind, what I'm seeing and hearing, the experience in the lives of myself along with those closest around me, and any other random thing that seems important enough to share. Enjoy! Thanks for following this blog!

Sample Text